Resolution Insurance Legal Officer Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Resolution Insurance Legal Officer in Kenya
Career vacancy:Resolution Insurance Legal Officer in Kenya
Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Reporting to the Managing Director Kenya the Legal Officer’s overall purpose will be effective and efficient management of the Legal unit, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Legal risk
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Initiate and aggressively follow third party recoveries as per company targets.
- Ensure all legal claims are registered and properly documented.
- Maintain adequate and accurate reserves for legal claims, review and update the reserves as appropriate.
- Maintain proper diarize of legal claims.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Negotiate out of court settlements.
2. Policy development
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
3. Litigation management
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
4. Contract negotiation
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess Legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Preparation of legal opinions for relevant management’s approval.
5. Claims Processing
- Processing and approval of payments.
- Prepares a list to Finance on all the payments received every week.
- Ensures recovery allocations every week.
- Sources for recovery files from Finance department and/ or claims department.
- Logs and tracks recoveries progress for matters with our lawyers in court.
- Review and process third party claims.
- Attends recovery meetings to achieve the recovery targets.
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Advocate of the High court
- Member of LSK
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound IT proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Projects, Outlook, Power Point and Internet
- Knowledge in insurance products and services
- Basic knowledge of claims management/handling
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business of Thursday 21st April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted