Regional Sales Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Regional Sales Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy;Regional Sales Manager in Kenya
Summary: The Board of directors of our client has formed a new company which focuses on the distribution of household products with a highly positive social impact to the base of the pyramid families and communities across East Africa.
They are looking for a highly motivated sales person with a thirst for selling and growing the region and the sales team.
Job Summary: The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for increasing profitable sales revenue in the region through managing a team of Sales Representatives.
- Management of sales and sales team at the regional level
- Co-ordinate local marketing activities within the overall national plan
- In charge of ensuring sales team meets agreed upon regional and individual sales targets
- Accomplish regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees in assigned counties, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieve regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for counties in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counselling county sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and service changes. Surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Implement trade promotions.
- Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Oversee operations of the region, ensuring adequate notice of stock requirements and ensure that circumstances which could hamper the regions sales performance are effectively managed
- Preparation of daily and weekly reports
- Represent the company in the region and participate in regional meetings with relevant stakeholders and partners
- Responsible for the company’s assets in the region
- Supervise the company staff in the region: sales and marketing executives.
- A degree or diploma in Sales from a recognised institution
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in SACCO, Micro Finance Institution or consumer goods ( including fast moving commercial goods)
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team
- Experience in managing a distribution region will be an added advantage
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and other relevant office software and devices
- Honesty, integrity, a positive attitude and a good work ethic
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Regional Sales Manager
This role is open to Kenyan nationals only
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume