Regional Business Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Regional Business Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy;Regional Business Manager in Kenya
Regional Business Manager – Kenya
GCF Job Level: Snr Re
Position Reports to: Head of Sub Sahara Africa
Job Purpose: Management, development and growth of Country business and Distributors against set Sales and Marketing KPI’s and objectives.
- Joint Forecasting with Distributors
- Price model/ value chain
- Forecast control through Demand management and Distributors
- Regulatory compliance/ Local and in country requirements
- Supply Chain / Customs
- Finance – Debtor management
- Portfolio Marketing Managers
- Export controller / Permits/Orders
- SSA regional team
- Manage and grow 3rd Party Distributors in market sales, distribution and merchandising in Country (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, develop Ethiopia and South Sudan).
- Set and manage (through the distributor) Key customer business account plans.
- Set with the distributor price model / value chain to achieve desired consumer price and optimize the distributor margin.
- Set and control firm order forecasts with each distributor.
- Managing distributor inventory levels as per the contract.
- Define, recommend & ensure execution of optimal Go To Market Strategy, key channels, key customers coverage & service requirements.
- Delivering the sales KPI’s (Sell in and In Market Sales).
- Manage sales department projects, new channels, new customers, new business or geographic development as identified
- Develop sales organization capabilities, cost optimization, sales incentives, best practices for distributors
- Manage budgets and monitor spend
- Set yearly JBP targets, by region, by Distributor, communicate and ensure plans to achieve set targets
- Develop all communication with Distributors, Key Accounts in country
- KPI’s and measurement tools to monitor performance/compliance
- Ensure achievement of in store execution excellence at POP (Look of success) with tools to track compliance.
- Identify range expansions through “Must stock lists” by Key account/ Channel
- Develop Distributor capabilities / Sales managers / Reps
- Training of distribution staff (Linked to Distributor capabilities program)
- Market / Trade Audits in country to identify market / Consumer changes and NPI launches
- Financial management of Distributors within Shipping and credit terms
- Ensure compliance to HCC guidelines.
Main Performance Measures:
- Achievement of sales and Profit Targets
- Achievement of Brand objectives
- Financial management – GP%, Debtors
- Forecast accuracy MAPE
- Distributor initiatives / Objectives
- BME Controls (Trade and Cash van Investments)
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required
- Business degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FMCG.
- Export experience in FMCG environment
- Proven track record in Distributor management (Kenya)
- Key Account management
- Basic Category management
- Multinational experience
- Strong command of the English language
- Good command of French and Portuguese (Market Specific)
- Integrity and compliance 100%
- Operating by him/herself, has self-driven and initiative to action
- Organization and scheduling skills
- Feedback on all issues
- Good business acumen
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiations and conflict management skills
- Team Player
- Be willing to travel / Away from home for extended periods
All qualified candidates should send their applications/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26th May, 2016.
Insert the phrase “Regional Business Manager” in the subject line.