Quantity Surveyor Job Re-Advertisement in Kenya 2014
Our client, a well-established Design and Construction company with projects in various parts of the country seeks to recruit a qualified Quantity Surveyor based in Nairobi.
He/She will form part of an existing team in providing the following:
- Preparation of tender and contract documents including Bill of Quantities
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Processing and submission of ‘Requests for Proposals’, ‘Expression of Interest’ and ‘Interest to Bid’
- Participating in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Material and labour estimation
- Evaluating and reporting on contractual claims from contractors
- Monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- Checking to ensure that materials and equipment meet contract specifications and the ordered quantities meet with project estimations and budgets
- Checking valuations for payment to contractors
- Providing leads to new businesses opportunities
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- 2 years hands on experience
- Sales and Marketing experience will be a plus
- Be registered with BORAQS as a Quantity Surveyor
- IT literate; able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- A self-motivated individual able to work with minimal or no supervision.
Applications and CV indicating Current and Expected Salary, should be submitted preferably via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 01st December, 2013.
Interviews will be held next week