Purchasing Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Purchasing Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:Purchasing Manager in Kenya
Vacancy: Purchasing Manager
Job Ref: RH/PM/2
Our client is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
They are looking for a Purchasing Manager to be based at their 5* luxury hotel in Zanzibar.
S/he will be in charge of purchasing capital & operational material for the hotel at a price which is competitive & conforming to highest standards of quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and compile lists of suppliers and their available merchandise and equipment and services in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Receive proper purchase requisitions from Heads of Departments.
- Call for quotations for any item as per authorization matrix and inquire into prices from various suppliers. A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Compare price with previous purchases and with current market prices.
- Check quality of the items with the Head of Departments and ensure that the quality is in accordance with the Hotel Standards.
- Raise purchase order in the name of the supplier selected.
- Forward the purchase order in the following order for approval and authorization or as per authorization matrix to the Financial Controller and the General Manager.
- Forward duplicate copy of the purchase requisition along with second copy of purchase order to the Accounts Department, after entering the purchase requisition number in the purchase order and vice versa.
- To ensure that the hotel procures the best product at a competitive price & derives the best value for money.
- Purchasing limits, negotiations & quality control as per authorization matrix.
- File original copies of the purchase requisition in date order or serial order for further reference and for audit purposes.
- Raise no direct order for purchases from suppliers without a proper purchase order.
- Receive market list from Executive Head Chef for day to day food and other supplies and arrange for delivery of these items daily.
- Carry out a market survey or prices of day to day purchases such as vegetables, fruits, fish meat by keeping constant touch with the suppliers.
- Follow up and ensure that goods are delivered in accordance with purchase order and without any delay.
- To respond the changes as dictated by the industry, the company and the hotel.
- Spot purchases of small value items bought on daily basis by petty cash as required by the Department Head after being approved.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Ability to train other employees, motivate & good leadership skills.
- Sensitive to business and guest needs.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Highly trustworthy
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in purchasing materials and management of stores with up to date knowledge on Purchase function.
- Excellent planning skills and highly organised with attention to detail
- Knowledge of international procurement processes preferable
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted