Projects Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Projects Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:Projects Manager in Kenya
Reports to: Head of Operations and Rollout
- Liaise with Planning and pre-sales team to manage the projects plan as per solution designs hence scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Develop project plans for implementation of new or existing projects
- Demonstrate practical working knowledge on established project and implementation methodology used – PIP
- Formulate and manage a detail stakeholder and project communication plan
- Identify stakeholders and determine levels of influence on achievement of project outcomes and have an initiation planning session to confirm high-level project plan/schedule/charters.
- Manage a team of Project officers and associates on different projects.
- Facilitator and moderator of project meetings with stakeholders involved at every stage of the project to ensure ongoing tasks risks and challenges are monitored and mitigated accordingly with team involvement.
- Liaise with procurement department pro-actively to take into consideration lead times for delivery of equipment and materials for use in the projects assigned.
- Analyze project plan vulnerabilities and develop solutions to overcome shortfalls against established plans through regular review of potential and known risks with the development and deployment of the corrective mitigation.
- Manage delivery teams to analyses, rationalize and integrate the requirements of all project outcomes to determine agreed, achievable project objectives
- Manage the internal working environment with the various departments i.e planning, legal, commercial finance, procurement and the external environment like Local communities, property owners, suppliers e.t.c to ensure that the necessary project control mechanisms are implemented and manage all project changes with impact assessments and alignment to the revenues schedule.
- Manage detail project scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, procurement, risk and communications with the necessary corrective actions
- Ensure that the LTK procurement process is followed; equipment purchase orders are placed for the correct equipment and on time and manage the delivery of equipment on time.
- Manage sub-contractor/vendor deliverables to contract
- Ensure appropriate transition processes are in place for successful handover from the project team to operations management
- Project implementation weekly reports to internal clients these include; Account Managers, management, that outlines status on each project implemented. – Communication and reporting
- Facilitating and moderating project progress meetings to achieve the best possible output
- Daily update to external clients on project implementation
- Monthly report to Management on Projects implemented against the amounts billed.
- Participates in team goal setting and problem solving.
- Customer Activations – fiber and Radio Base stations, PTP(Point to point) ( single site or single installation)
- Major Projects (complex AND/OR multiple site – more than 20 individual installations linked to a single client AND/OR high risk of business reputational loss).
- Capital Projects-capital intensive above USD 10,000
- Supervision various team members for every respective project.
- Work interdependently with various departments for management of projects implementation from planning to close i.e planning for solution designs, finance
- Liaise with various LTK vendors for actual scope implementation i.e Fibre, Microwave Mast, telecommunication
- Communication with internal and external stakeholder’s i.e clients and the commercial teams.
- Works in the office for project documentation and reporting
- Works in the field to monitor and control the project execution process, at the same time proactively acquire materials and any other supplies on time to make sure the delivery of the project is not affected
- Work in liaison with the internal and external teams to come up with project budgets and ensuring that they are well presented and funds are well managed.
- Works in liaison with the public stakeholders i.e. communities and local administration to create harmony for the success of the project(s)
- Master’s degree in the relevant field
- BSC degree in Comp Science/IT/Engineering/project management planning.
- Project Management Certification – PMP/PMI/PRINCE
- 6-7 years’ experience in the industry and related role
- Proactive and initiative.
- Team player
- Decision maker
- In-depth knowledge / Understanding / knowledge of Project Management theory;
- MS Project skills;
- Advanced project management tool skills.
- Telecommunication Background
Qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a brief cover letter to email@example.com on or before 21st May 2016, with the subject of the email being the position you are applying for.