Project Manager Job in Kenya June 2014
Our client, an international foundation is looking for innovative, dynamic and self motivated individual to fill the following position of Project Manager
Location: Nairobi with frequent to travel in rural Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
Job Description: Aim of the function; Assisting in and managing various projects within the East African program .
1. Project management
- Planning, managing and implementing of projects according to the contracted and approved plans and budgets for projects from various sponsors
- Management of the project according to the mission, regulations and aims of the organization
- Timely narrative and financial reporting according to the organization’s regulations and project contracts of other sponsors.
- Negotiate and establish MoUs with partner organization when need arise/where necessary
- Ensure complete and timely project documentation at all times
- Establish appraisals for all direct reports
- Recommendations for the further training of direct reports
- Identifying consultants to be contracted where necessary and managing them
- Where necessary provide leadership and support for external consultants, advisors, short-term experts and interns/trainees
- Representing the organization in external relevant meetings where necessary
2. Project Documentation and Reporting
- Description of individual projects
- Preparing half year and end year reports
- Preparing other reports required by the project
- Collection of outreach Statistics
- Collection and filing of photograph and film material on the project
3. Project website Development and management
- Development of subsequent updates website
- Ensuring that information on the website is valid at all times
- Ensuring the availability and performance of the website in collaboration with IT department
4. Requirements and competencies
- At least a bachelors’ degree in Development studies, Community Development, Finance, Microfinance, social sciences or related areas
- Over 3years experience in Development work, Rural development, community development or related field
- Knowledge of the financial services sector and/or the microfinance sector
- Excellent communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Sound financial management and budgeting skills
- Working experience in the development world is an added advantage but not a requirement
- Good command of English and Swahili languages
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and team building ability
- Demonstrated ability in networking and developing relationships with various partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working with private sector partners is strongly preferred.
- Computer literate, specifically in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
If qualified kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Project Manager 90K’ on the subject line by 15th July, 2014.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted