Program Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Program Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:Program Manager in Kenya
S/he will maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners, ensure that
producers, producer groups and participating partners implement program activities in line with the organization’s annual and commodity plans and in tandem with the organization’s vision and mission. S/he will work closely with colleagues in the organization’s global network.
- Responsible for developing a long-term strategic policy in the areas of Sustainable Chain Development in Horticulture;
- Following developments (in the industry, both scientific and political developments) on sustainable horticulture;
- Translating policy, in dialogue with partners and other stakeholders in projects with specific objectives, activities and outcomes;
- Coordinating the organization of proper and timely delivery of information to donors (according to donor-specific needs).
- Implementing / coordinating the development of strategic plans, annual plans, reports and program evaluations on horticulture and food security;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effects of policies, identify challenges and take initiatives leading to improvements, and report to the Board of Directors accordingly
- Sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues, project partners and other organizations on sustainable horticulture food security;
- Providing information and advice to internal and external parties and stakeholders, through training or publications.
- Performing administrative tasks related to own program;
- Being responsible for own program budget and providing input for external funding applications in conjunction with the department of institutional fundraising.
- Responsible for selecting and appraising new partners that include private companies, cooperative societies, NGOs and consultants.
- Responsible for managing own program grantees to ensure timely disbursement of funds, progress reporting and monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Extension, Agronomy or related field; a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5-10 years’ experience managing horticulture projects in Eastern Africa Countries, especially in Kenya; must be familiar with the horticultural industry supply chains and especially in production and marketing
- Farmer training and/or extension experience, especially in the design, organization and delivery of training events and development of training materials
- Familiarity with Global GAP and Fairtrade certification/verification issues and systems, ideally involving agriculture and small-scale producers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English; Swahili and French/Spanish are an advantage
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office and Internet)
- Experience in the development of work plans and budgets; ability to work independently and in a team towards defined objectives and goals; and
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively in Kenya and other countries within Eastern and Central Africa up to 30% of the time
If you fulfil the above criteria, please send your application to email@example.com with the subject title: Program Manager – Horticulture clearly marked in the subject line of your application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received with the deadline being 20th May 2016. The C.V. and application must not be more than 4 pages in length together with the cover letter and these should be consolidated as one word document.
Your application must be written in English and must demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met.