Production Supervisor Career in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Production Supervisor in Kenya
Career vacancy:Production Supervisor in Kenya
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reporting to the Production incharge
Responsible for coordination and supervision of daily activities in the factory with an aim of ensuring efficient production.
Designing work and roles in such a way that all production activities are performed safely, efficiently and accurately in order to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the area of Safety, Quality and Reliability and our company’s corporate strategy.
Generating and keeping reports and records of production activities for efficiency monitoring.
Key Result Areas (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities)
- Follow all Personnel Safety and Food Safety policies/procedures, GMP’s and plant rules.
- Ensure that all employees are conforming to the proper PPE and following all established safety policies/procedures.
- Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Train and coach production line employees.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee breaks, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, changeovers and sanitation.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Complete shift paper work and ensure timely reporting pf production data.
Key Performance Standards (Key Performance Indicators– KPIs)
Personnel safety and food safety
- Ensure zero accidents in the production floor by having continuous employee trainings on the job and machine operations.
- Ensure zero cross contamination between the processed food and the raw food by making sure that hygiene is strictly followed in the factory, and there is proper segregation of materials in the factory.
- Ensuring zero reworks by designing efficient flow of the production.
- Ensuring fair assignment of work to contract employees and casuals to achieve 100% corporation from them.
- Ensuring that production is organized in such a way that it starts at the right time and ends at the right time.
- Ensuring that there every new employee is trained on the job to do before engaging him/her.
- Organizing for reminder trainings every month for contract employees.
- Ensuring timely reporting of production data to management for decision making.
- Ensuring that the production data is accurately captured by the production clerks and there are no mistakes in the reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology, chemical engineering, Production engineering.
- Basic math and computer skills especially, good understanding of the MS Word and MS Excel
- Have at least 2-5 years work experience preferably in a supervisory position in a busy food manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of GMPs, HACCP and experience working in an ISO certified company (biased to juice production)
How to Apply