Production / Area Manager Job in Nakuru, Kenya (100K) May 2016
Job opportunity:Production / Area Manager in Nakuru, Kenya (100K)
Career vacancy:Production / Area Manager in Nakuru, Kenya (100K)
- Development of viable trial sites on commercial farming enterprises.
- Direct regular communication with growers.
- Developing operational areas with the intention of upscale in crop size.
- Managing technical assistance personnel situated in areas of operation.
- Regular progress reporting.
- Agribusiness networking.
- Farm scouting for the introduction of commercial stevia production.
- Agronomic information communication.
- Land preparation, field layout, irrigation scheduling and crop establishment.
- Nutrition, yield analysis, harvest processes and drying processes.
- Agricultural / horticultural degree or related qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a manager in a horticultural export company.
- Experience with agricultural inputs sales, extension officer experience would be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of all horticultural requirements on high value crops.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Experience in managing projects of over 100 hectares (HA).
- Experience in farm mechanization.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the agricultural regions in Kenya.
- Computer literate.
- A team player with high integrity.
Deadline: 15th June 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Training,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.