Procurement Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Procurement Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:Procurement Manager in Kenya
Vacancy: Procurement Manager
Job Ref: AT/PM/1
Our client is a design, build and management company which specialises in constructions in remote areas.
They have three branches in Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique.
They are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to oversee the procurement processes of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and controlling the entire Supply Chain and Logistical operation behind their Kenya office
- Full operational control of the systems with flexibility to introduce new measures when current systems aren’t up to scratch
- Introduction of new procurement and inventory software to be implemented across the group
- Ensure competent quality execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties
- Management of staff to purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
- Work with storekeepers and foremen to ensure proper supervision of materials on site Ensure all purchasing policies, procedures and good practices are followed and maintained.
- Maintain a complete updated purchasing records and data and pricing in the system.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Maintaining good relations with suppliers
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Responsible for all procurement staff to prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site and store on time.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
- Highly experienced Construction Procurement Manager
- Experience in managing the purchasing of construction materials and management of construction stores
- Excellent planning skills and highly organised with attention to detail
- Knowledge of international procurement processes
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
- Can adapt quickly to different environments
- Must be willing and flexible to travel locally and internationally
- Entrepreneurial attitude with an understanding that a rapidly growing company exerts more pressure but greater long term rewards than a bigger corporate organisation
Qualifications and Skills
- University educated – vocational degree in Supply Chain Management preferable
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a construction company
- Possess valid travel documents e.g. passport
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
By Appointment Africa,
P. O. Box 1605-00502,
Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa
Tel: +254(07) 728 782 776+254/ +254 (07) 722 570 740