Procurement Manager Job in Kenya – Design, Build and Management Company May 2016
Job opportunity;Procurement Manager in Kenya – Design, Build and Management Company
Career vacancy;Procurement Manager in Kenya – Design, Build and Management Company
Our Client, a Design, Build and Management Company that specialises in constructions in remote areas are looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager.
The ideal candidate will oversee the procurement processes of the company.
- Managing and controlling the entire supply chain and logistical operation.
- Full operational control of the systems with the flexibility to introduce new measures when current systems aren’t up to scratch.
- Introduction of new procurement and inventory software to be implemented across the group.
- Ensure competent, quality execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties.
- Management of staff to purchase and issue orders in accordance to specification.
- Work with storekeepers and foremen to ensure proper supervision of materials on site.
- Ensure all purchasing policies, procedures and good practices are followed and maintained.
- Maintain a complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Maintaining good relations with suppliers.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Responsible for all procurement staff to prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site/store on time.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
- University degree in supply chain management preferable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a construction company.
- Highly experienced construction procurement manager.
- Must be willing and flexible to travel locally and internationally.
- Excellent planning skills and highly organised with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of international procurement processes.
- Experience in managing the purchasing of construction materials and management of construction stores.
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines.
- Can adapt quickly to different environments.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive depending on experience
Deadline: 15th June 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.