Process Engineer job vacancy at General Motors in Kenya Nov 2015
General Motors East Africa (GMEA) is the largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in the East African region.
Our manufacturing plant in Nairobi assembles a wide range of Isuzu trucks and buses and also distributes fully built Chevrolet passenger vehicles.
With more than fifteen Isuzu models, our plant’s output has enabled GMEA stamp its authority in the vehicle manufacturing, sales and service industry right across East and Central Africa.
Our growing sales in the new vehicle segment has propelled GMEA to market leadership in Kenya three years in a row since 2012, achieving a market share of 28.7% in 2014.
We are looking for highly engaged candidates with a track record of excellence to join team GM in the following positions to be filled in January, 2016.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering & Plant Maintenance Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following functions:
- Develop production process layouts and define operation methods.
- Prepare and maintain production assembly instructions and material distribution lists.
- Develop and maintain production work and high workplace organization standards.
- Define production processes, identify critical processes and develop necessary process controls.
- Provide specifications for production tools and necessary assembly aids.
- Establish safety requirements for the established operations.
- Develop safe use instructions for direct and indirect process materials.
- Coordinate the implementation and validation of engineering changes.
- Conduct regular validation of process materials to maintain accurate Bill of Materials.
- Analyse and implement countermeasures for production engineering problems.
- BSc. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Five years working experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Inventor design packages.
- Computer literate in MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, KAIZEN, lean manufacturing, Sigma tools,
- Innovative, process oriented, customer focused and with strong problem solving skills.
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Business Partner,
General Motors East Africa Ltd,
P.O. Box 30527 – 00100,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Deadline 16th November, 2015
Attractive compensation packages await successful applicants.