Principal / Senior Internal Auditor Job Vacancy – Kenya Institute of Management May 2016
Job opportunity;Principal / Senior Internal Auditor – Kenya Institute of Management
Career vacancy:Principal / Senior Internal Auditor – Kenya Institute of Management
Vacancy: Principal / Senior Internal Auditor
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
We achieve this through our service/product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services, Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professional to join our team in the following positions:
Principal / Senior Internal Auditor
Purpose of the Job: The position holder will report to the Head of Internal Audit and will lead the Audit team in financial, quality and compliance audits.
Under the guidance of Head of Internal Audit, the position holder is responsible for the implementation of a sound audit system of financial audit and compliance.
The position ensures the audit schedule is adhered to and audit assignments are completed on time.
- Manage the Internal Audit Plan through formulation and execution of effective audit programs to help provide assurance to compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Institute policies and procedures.
- Carry out risk assessments and evaluate adequacy of internal controls prior to the execution of audit programs.
- Carry out compliance audits of financial and accounting systems with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ensure there is a proper system of documentation of audit test work and working papers in line with established international standards.
- Review the Institute wide utilization of resources and provide assurance on their optimal use.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve the institute’s operations
- Follow up of findings and recommendations agreed on during the internal and external audits to ensure their implementation.
- Conduct investigations and special projects where applicable.
Qualifications, Technical Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business or Information System related field.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Certification as a CPA/ACCA/CIA.
- Certification as a CIA, CISA or any other related professional certification.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics Ability to work independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Highly competent in computer applications.
- 5 years of full-time experience in auditing or accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation 3 of which should be at a management level.
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Continuous learning
- Networking/relationship building
- Developing others
- Facilitating change
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Willing to travel widely.
- Pleasant and self – driven.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements/ qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 13th May 2016.
The Head of Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706-00100
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.