Pre Sales Consultant Job in Nairobi Kenya at- IT Industry 2014
Our client, a reputable international firm in the IT industry seeks to recruit a pre sales consultant.
The candidate will work closely with the Channel business partners & provide technical enablement for them in IBM-SWG solutions by executing technical workshops, webinars & thus convey Technical Road Map to the channel.
- Understand and analyze customers’ requirements to design the technical solutions which meet customers’ needs.
- Position IBM products and services versus competition.
- Co-ordinate and work with Sales Operation & Solution/Product management to conduct technical presentation, product demonstration during the sales cycle.
- Develop technical proposals, statements of work, and pricing.
- Conduct hands-on workshop, product training to customers and business partners.
- Provide on-going technical consultancy and IBM product information to key customers and business partners in enhancing the mutual understanding & technical direction.
- Co-ordinate and work with Services/Implementation team for pre- and post- implementation work for customers.
- Together with members of the sales team, investigate, understand and articulate customer business requirements
- Identify customer pain points or areas of concern
- Confirm solution fit and identify customer specific benefits that will help contribute to a unique business value offering with demonstrable ROI indicators
- Keep in touch with customers and look for opportunities to sell the company’s products deeper into the customer base
- Maintain solid, technical understanding of products in conjunction with business benefits
- Deliver product presentations tailored to the customers’ requirements
- Configure applications for proof of concept
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree holder with minimum 4 – 5 years experiences working with customers in a presales context
- Has technical knowledge of the industry and IBM’s Software products and solutions.
- Strong ability to clearly demonstrate solutions across a range of technical and business users
- High Adaptability and fluent English speaker.
- Team player and independent worker.
- Willingness to acquire new skills/ product knowledge.
- Strong communication/ interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and work extensively at the executive level.
- Pro-active and highly motivated professional with a positive attitude.