Practical Action Logistics Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
Practical Action Eastern Africa is an International development agency working with poor communities to help them choose and use technology to improve their lives today and for generations to come.
- Procurement of supplies and services, send out requests for quotations and provide full analysis of comparative prices for approval by budget holders Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Develop a database and maintain sound relationship with suppliers
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Ensure for conformance to organization policy for all purchases, claims and contracts
- Manage centralized Asset Register and conduct periodic inventory checks of all assets
- Ensure timely and accurate insurance of all assets and property through management of annual insurance contracts
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received and monitor stock movement
- In charge of transport/fleet management and supervise all office drivers
- Oversee regional office communication systems in coordination with IT department to ensure all offices have appropriate reliable means of communication
- Serve a the security focal point for head office and maintain close contact with security focal points in each field office
- Review, develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Address vendor /contractor grievances and claims against suppliers
- Prepare or cause to be prepared clear specifications for goods or services for obtaining, issuing or awarding bids
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
- Prepare bid awards requiring management approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics/ procurement or any other related field
- A graduate Diploma in procurement, logistics, purchasing and supplies or related fields preferably CIPS.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in Logistics or Administration
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Practical Action is an “equal opportunity” employer and highly encourages women to apply.