PowerGen Renewable Energy Structured Finance Associate Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;PowerGen Renewable Energy Structured Finance Associate in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;PowerGen Renewable Energy Structured Finance Associate in Nairobi, Kenya
PowerGen Renewable Energy
Position: Structured Finance Associate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region.
PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
If you want to be at the heart of what will enable PowerGen to achieve its mission in East Africa – project financing – this job is for you.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Support of significant project finance capital raise from investors, ranging from large international investment banks to development finance institutions to family offices and foundations to grant organizations
- Assist with leading on due diligence, including building detailed financial models to demonstrate the projected cash flows and returns of projects and creating materials outlining the company’s site development, customer acquisition, fabrication, installation and ongoing customer experience processes
- Find and educate new investors that are broadly interested in energy access and renewable energy but are new to the micro-grid business model
- Find, screen and apply to new grant programs as a source of project financing
- Prepare extensive due diligence materials on the PowerGen business and micro-grids for investors
- Explore different financing entity structures, interfacing with lawyers, accountants and tax advisors to implement the most efficient structure
What Excites You:
- Pioneering the financing structure for a completely new asset class that will require billions in capital over the next decade
- Driving a project capital raise process involving multiple financiers and parties
- Solving for a multitude of legal and tax implications and costs
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm
You Already Have:
- 3+ years work experience in renewable energy or infrastructure project financing
- Experience in the energy, clean tech or utility sectors
- Ability and desire to build complex financial models and prepare due diligence materials for investors
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation: A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events.
And you’ll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
Please send resume, cover letter stating the title of the job on the subject line, and any questions to email@example.com.
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.