Police Constables Recruitment (6,000 Kenya Police & 4,000 Administration Police Jobs) by the National Police Service Commission (NPSC)July 2014
Pursuant to the Constitution, particularly Articles 10; 232; 238(d); 243; 246(3); 246(4) and Chapter Six, Sections 10, 11 and 12 of the National Police Service Commission Act, 2011 and the National Police Service Act, 2011, the National Police Service Commission (NPSC) seeks to recruit suitable and qualified candidates who satisfy the provisions of the Constitution, the Enabling Acts and the additional criteria below to be trained as Police Constables.
The NPSC shall recruit 10,000 Candidates (6000 for the Kenya Police Service and 4000 for the Administration Police Service)
1. Entry Requirements
- Is a citizen of Kenya
- Possesses a minimum qualification of ‘D+’ Plus in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination.
- Is 18 years and over, but not older than 28 years for those with a KCSE Examination Certificate; and not older than 30 years for Diploma and Degree holders who have graduated from Institutions recognized in Kenya;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Is physically, mentally and medically fit;
- Has no criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
- Female Candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during the ENTIRE training period.
2. Gender Balance: Not more than two thirds of the recruited candidates shall be of the same gender.
2. Each candidate must present the original supporting documents for verification. The originals shall be returned to the candidates before the candidate leaves the recruitment centre.
3. The NPSC shall publish the list of successful candidates in two daily newspapers of national circulation.
6. Date and Places of Recruitment
The recruitment exercise will be held on 14th July, 2014 starting at 8:00am at the following Recruitment Centres