PKF Eastern Africa Forensic Audit Manager Job in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;PKF Eastern Africa Forensic Audit Manager in Kenya
Career vacancy:PKF Eastern Africa Forensic Audit Manager in Kenya
Forensic Audit Manager – PKF Eastern Africa
PKF Eastern Africa seeks to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Forensic Audit Manager.
The job holder will report to the Managing Director, PKF Consulting Ltd and will be responsible for conducting and managing accounting fraud and other investigations into allegations of fraud, irregularities and other suspicions of misconduct.
Depending on specific investigation, incumbent will play the role of a project lead, as part of a case team or in an individual contributor hands-on role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The manager is responsible for day to day engagement, management and execution of multiple cases assigned;
- Specifically, conduct forensic accounting investigations including the establishment of intent and not limited to responding to regulatory inquiries, financial and accounting analysis, review of accounting rules, standards and pronouncements, accounting errors and irregularities, complex transaction analysis, quantification of fraud damages;
- Establish the impact of case findings to internal controls weaknesses;
- Ensure that investigations are executed in accordance with established compliance legal mandates and internal audit approved procedures as well as quality assurance requirements;
- Prepare and/or review draft investigative reports suitable for a court or litigation setting for discussion with management, on findings and recommendations; and
- Provide expertise and training to staff on the practices on investigative and fraud detection techniques and serve as resource on these issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum second class honours upper division in business related course. MSc in Forensic is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification and membership in CPA or ACCA. CISA and CFE qualification and membership will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with a combination of forensic accounting, fraud investigation and / or internal or external audit experience in a consulting or public accounting firm, corporate internal audit department,
- Team player with collaboration spirit and the ability to thrive and work independently.
- Ability to motivate assigned team or staff to deliver excellent results and work products, role up sleeves, flexible, adaptable, a polished negotiator with unsatisfied curiosity.
- Ability to communicate and present to various levels of stakeholders verbally and in written reports.
- Experience in managing multiple investigations or audit projects concurrently with strong project management skills.
- Desire to enforce independence, professionalism, objectivity and confidentiality along with high ethical standards.
- Ability to quickly assess complex business situations or transactions and determine the possibility that improper behaviour may have taken place.
- Experience in conducting forensic or other investigative type interviews, such as audit interviews.
- Preference will also be given to those with expert witness or other testimony type of experience.
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 25th May, 2016.