Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager
Western and Central Region, Kenya
Up To 6 Positions Available
If you are a natural entrepreneurial pharmaceutical technologist who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, this could be the job for you.
Please Note: To be qualified for this position you must be registered at the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (please include your registration number in your CV) and have your pharmaceutical license available for use.
- Motivate agents to meet health targets.
- Achieve health impact goals.
- Ensure all agents know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support agents in learning and using correctly the health-centered Android apps.
- Provide as needed professional advice and training on dispensing, handling and management of drugs and pharmaceuticals to branch staff and to CHPs
- Manage the premises registration with the PPB
- Monitor drugs handed out, respond to queries from CHPs and address drug reactions if and when they occur
- Represent the branch in pharmaceuticals fora in the county
- Manage the branch pharmacy and ensure that all protocols pertaining to; storage, labeling, tracking, recall and recording are adhered to.
- Allow access and accompany authorized officers as per the provision of Cap 244 to carry out inspections and respond to any concerns that may arise.
- Motivate agents to meet sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Achieve sales targets
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHP sales goals.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Lead monthly meeting of agents.
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Promoters.
- Support agents in learning and using correctly their smartphones
- Contribute to / Manage branch operations.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out basis.
- Manage financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Build strong community relations.
- For Branch Managers only – manage branch team members, ensuring performance
- For Branch Managers only – manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology required (NOTE: must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board) and have your license available for use.
- Diploma in Business or Health related areas; Bachelor of Arts welcome.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in health/community related work.
- Management experience a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to interact with community elders, Community Health Promoters and clients.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Luhya, Luo, Kiswahili speaking added advantage.
- Proficiency with Ms-Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
- Flexible and willing to travel across Kenya and stay for some nights up-country.