Personal Assistant Career in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Personal Assistant in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Personal Assistant in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Vacancy: Personal Assistant
Job Ref: WH/PA/1
About our client: Our client operates a family run 5* boutique hotel in Karen, Nairobi.
The hotel has been solely run by the family since inception.
They are looking for a Personal Assistant to the Directors to coordinate communications between the Directors Office and the team and to manage and coordinate special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading, monitoring and responding to email and letters
- Answering and screening calls appropriately
- Preparing official correspondence on behalf of the Directors
- Managing the Director’s electronic diary
- Planning, organising, preparing documents for meetings, attending meetings and taking minutes
- Organising complex travel itineraries
- Planning, organising and managing events
- Preparing presentations and drafting communications for the Directors
- Managing and reviewing filing for the office systems
- Preparing updates for intranet, typing documents, sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment, managing projects, implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Being involved in decision-making processes
- Delegating work where required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualification in Administration
- Diploma in business or law, experience in property management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and to work on your own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail, honesty and reliability
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Ability to work with more than 1 Director
- Ability to deal with situations in the absence of the Directors
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted