Parliamentary Service Commission Legal Counsels (Litigation & Compliance) Jobs in Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: Parliamentary Service Commission Legal Counsels (Litigation & Compliance) in Kenya
Employment opportunity: Parliamentary Service Commission Legal Counsels (Litigation & Compliance) in Kenya
The Parliamentary Service Commission wishes to recruit two (2) energetic and results-oriented individuals to the position of Legal Counsel II (PSC SCALE 9) in the Directorate of Litigation and Compliance of the Parliamentary Service.
The particulars for the two (2) vacancies are as follows:-
Legal Counsel II – Litigation and Compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an entry level and training grade. A Legal Counsel II shall be responsible to the Director of Litigation and Compliance and will assist in:-
- Providing legal advice to Parliament or any of its Houses and its Committees and to the Parliamentary Service Commission;
- Legal representation of Parliament and the Parliamentary Service Commission in court proceedings;
- Drafting of contracts and other legal instruments;
- Providing any other legal services that may be required by Parliament or any of its Houses, the Committees, the Speakers, the Parliamentary Service Commission or the Clerks of Parliament;
Requirements for Appointment:-
- have a Bachelor of Laws degree;
- be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- be in possession of a current practicing certificate; and
- have proficiency in the use of basic computer applications.
For purposes of ensuring gender balance in the Directorate, male candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a cover letter, duly completed Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application Form (Form 1J), which can be downloaded from www.parliament.go.ke or obtained from the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, Parliament Buildings, and copies of academic certifications and /or testimonials.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Clerk of the Senate/Secretary,
Parliamentary Service Commission,
P. O. Box 41842-00100,
Or hand delivered to the office of the Head of the Commission Secretariat, 1st Floor, County Hall, during office hours or emailed as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before 21st March 2016.
Please note: Applications from applicants who do not complete the Parliamentary Service Commission Job Application (Form 1J) referred to in this advertisement will NOT be considered.
Clerk of The Senate/Secretary
Parliamentary Service Commission