Oxfam Interim Associate Country Director for Somalia Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Oxfam Interim Associate Country Director for Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Oxfam Interim Associate Country Director for Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya
Interim Associate Country Director for Somalia
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 5 Months
Purpose of the function: The Associate Country Director is responsible for the delivery of Oxfam Novib contribution of the Oxfam in the Somalia country strategy.
Also the human resource management of the field office staff from Oxfam Novib is an important task.
The Associate Country Director (ACD) of Oxfam Novib reports to the Country Director Somalia.
The Associate Country Director is member of the Oxfam County Leadership Team.
- Monitor the progress of the implementation of the Oxfam Novib programme strategy and approach including (the planning of) the evaluation and learning aspects, and to inform the Oxfam Country Director of risks, opportunities and changes;
- He/ She will ensure adherence to the Oxfam Novib policies and standards for programme, programme management, partnership, finance and HR & staff Code of conduct, security guidelines and health & safety.
- Lead a team of programme & project officers on a day to day to basis, and to perform all HR tasks, such as work meetings, performance interviews, accepting reports of absence and recovery and passing them on to HR, meetings on frequent absence, co-ordinating and advising on the recruitment and selection procedure.
- He/ She will represent Oxfam Novib in the Oxfam Country Leadership Team; this governs the implementation of the Oxfam Joint Country Analysis and Strategy for Somalia, and help shape Oxfam’s annual plan and reporting in country to its stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in leading team in a transition period, change management and employee relations;
- Have coaching leadership style and co-ordination skills; stimulate entrepreneurship and consolidate learning.
- Ability to work as both team coordinator, as well as independently and with entrepreneurial spirit, but in close collaboration with regional and headquarter staff and staff of other Oxfam’s.
- He/ She will have sound understanding of Programme Cycle Management in emergencies and/or development environments.
- He/ She will have experience with managing & building small teams in a multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position?
Send your application in writing, including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th April 2016.
Note Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.