Oxfam Finance & Support Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014.
Finance & Support Manager
Base: Nairobi Kenya
Scale 6B (Ksh 353,917 – 420,342)
Contract Type: National Fixed Term (1 Year)
Who we are: Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty.
We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so.
Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, and why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people.
- You will contribute to development of (and advise the Country Director on implementation of) effective field office financial and administrative systems and procedures including control mechanisms, and where appropriate, link them to those at HQ.
- To ensure that relevant policy and procedures documents are accurately applied, regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
- Periodically monitor programme spending and performance of the Field Office and revise where needed the (financial) planning. Record this in the management information systems.
- In cooperation with the Country Director, prepare the field office input for the Balance Score Card. Contribute to (and advise the Country Director on) annual proposals for targets on office running costs.
- After the approval of the budget, to oversee office running costs orders, for the execution of payments.
- Coordinate the administrative organisation of all data on payments and receipts, recording all financial mutations.
- Reconcile bank and cash flow status and maintain contact with the bank regarding financial transactions.
- Oversee the management of procurement and logistics functions to ensure full compliance with and application of the relevant Oxfam Novib and/or donor procurement procedures.
- Ensure timely compliance with financial planning and budgeting, reporting and auditing requirements and liaise with the Financial Officer, the Finance Department/Q&C at head office in The Hague and in- and external auditors to resolve any relevant issues.
- Review and analyze Oxfam Novib’s Field Office’s compliance with all local laws and all leases. Ensure good record keeping of all contracts concluded by the Field Office.
- Carry out (un)expected internal financial audits according to the accounting manual.
- Manage support and administrative staff on a day to day to basis, and to perform all HR tasks, such as work meetings, performance interviews, accepting reports of absence and recovery and passing them on to HR, meetings on frequent absence, co-coordinating and advising on the recruitment and selection procedure.
What we are looking for
- To be successful in this role you will bring a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent professional qualification and extensive experience in a large and/or complex organisation operating within an international environment.
- You will bring proven expertise in the application of strategic financial management and demonstrated experience in maximising resource utilization.
- Extensive experience in leading the implementation of operational improvements, persistence to achieve change in a challenging environment and a thorough understanding of financial system and how it interacts with other operational systems to maximise its information generating capabilities is required.
- You will bring leadership qualities and people management expertise to provide direction and effective support to a multidisciplinary and multicultural team and have proven skills in matrix management and capacity building of functional staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as computer literacy, ability to operate and think strategically, proven analytical skills and the use of these to problem-solve and make firm decisions is required.
- A strong commitment to Oxfam’s purpose, broad understanding of the work culture in the ‘development’ sector as well as commitment to humanitarian principles and action are essential.
If you believe you fit the job and person profiles please send your application to email@example.com
or apply online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs.
The closing date for applications 16th July 2014.