Oxfam Country Funding Coordinator Job Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Vacancy: Country Funding Coordinator
Base: Nairobi Kenya
Scale 6A (Ksh 259, 680 – 379,125)
Contract Type: National Fixed Term (1 Year)
Are you a fund raiser with extensive experience with major donors?
Are you able to ensure quality and consistent relationships with institutional donors and support programme teams in the management of project funding?
If so this job is for you!
Who we are: Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty.
We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so.
Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, and why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people.
- You will support the Somalia Country Programme in the coordination and development of the country funding strategy according to agreed Oxfam processes, by assisting the country team in planning, development and submission of competitive, high quality concept papers, donor proposals, and working with finance team, budgets.
- Manage funding processes according to Oxfam Funding Guidelines, responsible for quality control of funding processes and communications, and advising on brand risk management.
- Provide professional support, advice and training to managers/budget holders/support services in funding processes.
- Strengthen capacity of partner agencies across the country in the planning, securing and managing of unrestricted and restricted funds.
- Resolve diverse and sometimes complex problems related to funding and donor relationship management.
- Ensure, close collaboration with the information coordinator, and effective co-ordination between affiliates in relation to institutional funding and information flows with Global Program Funding team, Oxfam Affiliates, Governing Bodies.
- Engage in peer networks of other country fundraising staff within the region and globally as appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of existing donor contracts to ensure compliance with donor requirements; ensure reports are of good quality and submitted on time; analyse and provide advice to staff on the funding policies and requirements of different donors, seek advice and input from, colleagues in country team, affiliate HQ (donor leads) for high risk donors.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in relevant area.
- Required country related work experience 5 or more Years.
- Significant experience in managing donor contracts and fundraising activities, in particular from institutional donors, such as ECHO, DFID, USAID, OFDA, CIDA, UN agencies etc.
- Sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in emergencies and/or development environments.
- Strong numeracy and financial skills, particularly in developing budgets, financial management/monitoring and reporting.
- Proven ability to develop and present proposals and donor reports, for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to research, analyse, and report
- Ability to network and represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions;
If you believe you fit the job and person profiles please send your application to email@example.com
or apply online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs.
The closing date for applications.16th July 2014.