Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Customer Engagement Associate
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Bungoma, Western Province
Long-term Career Track Role
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly.
In six years, we have grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff in Kenya.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking a Customer Engagement Associate to help us provide the best customer service to our farmers.
The role would require the associate to manage both the customer care hotline and to make outreach calls to farmers to regularly audit our customer service performance.
The department is new within One Acre Fund and there are opportunities for strong performing associates to quickly move into a managerial position.
This role would require strong critical thinking skills, a willingness to patiently communicate with farmers and also internally with directors and department managers to help solve problems.
The position requires a person with a strong positive attitude and a desire to grow their career in the role.
Primary Duties of the Customer Engagement Associate
- Manage and handle all calls to the customer service hotline;
- Accurately diagnose each call, record the call in the database and take appropriate action;
- Make outreach calls and provide reports as requested;
- Make field visits as necessary to collect information from the farmer(s) when necessary;
- Provide accurate reports of tasks accomplished;
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager
If you have skills and experience in these areas please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Qualifications: We are seeking professionals with one to two years of work experience, some of which will have been related to Customer Service.
S/he will demonstrate a long-term passion for agricultural development in Kenya and will be familiar with the challenges faced by smallholder farmers in Western Province.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organised and proactive
Most of all, we are looking for candidates who have strong critical thinking skills, positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Please apply if you fit these criteria:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment such as government, business or NGO’s
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Bungoma for a long-term position
- Leadership and management experience at work or outside of work
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Ability to speak Luhya/Kisii is a plus!
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please highlight the following skills if you have them
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in producing neat and timely reports for internal and external audiences
- Experience in communications across project teams, including coordination of meetings and memos
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by December 12th 2013.
We will begin interviews in December and plan to make an offer to begin immediately.
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Performance Based Incentives, airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Customer Engagement Associate + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
Applicants who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.