Obstetric and Gynecologist Consultant Vacancy in Hagadera, Kenya – International Rescue Committee (IRC) May 2016
Job opportunity;Obstetric and Gynecologist Consultant in Hagadera, Kenya – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Career vacancy:Obstetric and Gynecologist Consultant in Hagadera, Kenya – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Employee Type: Consultant
Employee Category: Not Applicable
1. Introduction: The IRC has been the lead health implementing partner in Hagadera refugee camp since 2009 and officially took over health implementation in Kambioos camp on March 1, 2013.
The IRC, implements; Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Women empowerment and protection programs in both camps and among the host community.
The IRC plans to have an obstetrician and gynecologist consultant to review and operate the patients with obstetric & gynecological conditions that are booked for the specialized surgical operations in both Hagadera and Kambioos camps.
2. Objective of the consultancy.
To provide obstetric and Gynecological consultation services to booked patients with surgical conditions at the IRC Hagadera Hospital.
To perform surgical operations for all patients with obstetric& gynecological conditions, reviewed and prepared for operations at IRC hospital main theatre.
3. Expected Outcome: All the booked patients with obstetric and gynecological conditions will be attended by the specialist and treatment initiated and all cases requiring surgical interventions will be operated.
4. Tasks to be performed
In liaison with the RH/HIV Manager, the specialist consultant will be required to:
- Conduct special clinics and reviews of patients with obstetric and gynecological complications and need surgical interventions.
- Perform surgical operations for the screened patients with assistance of the medical officers.
- Review all post-operative patients before he/she embarks on operation booked for that day.
- Prepare and submit a report and summaries of patients seen and operated to RH/HIV manager.
- Conduct a CME to resident health staff on hypertension conditions in pregnancy as scheduled(Tuesday afternoon)
- Prepare and submit a report and summaries of patients seen and operated to RH/HIV Manager.
- The IRC will ensure the lists of the booked patients with surgical obstetric and gynecological conditions are available for consultant’s review at Hagadera hospital.
- IRC will provide transport of the Consultant from Nairobi and back after the consultancy.
- The IRC will ensure the theatre staffs; drugs and other medical supplies required for operation are available for the consultant to conduct the surgeries.
7. Duration of consultancy
The consultancy is expected to conduct on quarterly basis as follows;
- 1st visit 20th to 24 June, 2016
- 2nd visit 12th to16th September, 2016.
- 3rd visit 5th to 10th December, 2016.
8. Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced Registered Obs/Gynecologist.
- Able to do obstetric ultrasound.
- Competent in antenatal, intra-partum and post-partum care and management of common gynecological problems.
- Able to work in strenuous and stressful condition.
- Experience of working with in north eastern Kenya is an added advantage.
The IRC will pay the consultation fee for 1 obstetric and gynecological consultant @ 30,000 Ksh per day for 5 days.
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.