Nuru International Kenya
Vacancy: Social Marketing District Manager
About the Organization: Nuru International Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, personal finance, healthcare, and education. Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru’s vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future. Seewww.nuruinternational.org.
About the Position: The Social Marketing (SM) District Manager will strive to accomplish Nuru Kenya goals through sustainable and scalable approaches.
This will entail development and execution of social marketing strategies and guidelines crucial to expanding and deepening community engagement; work cross-departmentally and across the organization to provide strategic marketing support and leadership, as well as prioritized tactical influence and involvement to ensure successful program outcomes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities Includes:
- Train, mentor and manage the Social Marketing Team
- Prudent management of the Social Marketing budget
- Setting short and long term work plans to achieve program goals
- Identify opportunities and gaps for the NURU model-focused programming; design and implement applicable programmatic responses to meet the needs
- Close collaboration with M&E to improve formative or evaluation research support to programs for informed decision making and strategy development
- Relationship building with relevant Government of Kenya line Ministries and stakeholders
- The Social Marketing District Manager reports to the Nuru Kenya Impact Programs Manager
- Degree in public health, social sciences, marketing or other behavior change communication discipline
- 1 – 2 years of designing, implementing and monitoring marketing strategies
- Experience incorporating behavior change theories into communication strategy
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation skills
- Ability to operate effectively in high-stress situations and demonstrate flexibility
- Excellent organizational skills, research ability, and attention to detail
- Passion for Nuru International’s mission and dedication to serving the extreme poor
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suit preferable including Microsoft Publisher
- Experience with barrier analysis and other formative research to inform SM decisions and understand community needs and how to address them
- Positive and humble person who is a capable mentor
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili.
Working Conditions: Appointed place of work is at the Nuru Kenya Regional Training Center in Isibania, Kuria West District- Migori County.
Work is performed both in an office environment as well as in the field.
Some work is also expected from the computer at home during evenings and weekends during busier seasons.
Travel in remote, rural areas is a regular expectation, using local transport options.
Compensation: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nuru International Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including resume/CVs and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and turn it in at our offices / Human Resources Manager at our main office (see PO Box below for mailing information) or email it to SMjobs@nuru.co.ke.
Nuru International Kenya
PO Box 176-40414,
Please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Deadline of receiving application is 15th December, 2013.