Position: Dairy Manager at Nuru International Kenya
About The Organization:
Nuru International Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, personal finance, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru’s vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future.
About The Position:
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Dairy Manager will hold a critical role in the organization.
He/she will successfully manage the day-to-day dairy operations of a large and rapidly growing organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Dairy expert, with a deep understanding and track record of managing Dairy, who will play a pivotal role in Nuru’s next phase of development.
Dairy Manager Job Description: Establish, supervise and maintain Nuru’s cattle herd, technicians, and manage the day to-day operations of Nuru’s dairy farm
Duties and Responsibilities:
Establish Nuru’s dairy business
Supervise all activities and all employees of Nuru’s dairy farm, which includes but is not limited to:
Management of the dairy herd (65% of time):
- Establish Nuru’s dairy farm operations and processes
- Meet Nuru’s defined dairy production and performance targets
- Manage daily operations of dairy farm
- Maintain cow herd and ensure milk production is at optimal international standards
- Manage and maintain Nuru’s Napier and grazing plots
- Supervise herd feeding operations
- Manage the breeding and artificial insemination processes and raise replacement heifers
- Manage and maintain dairy farm facilities, grounds and equipment
- Ensure that Nuru adheres to all government rules and regulations
- Manage the health and reproduction of Nuru’s herd
Operations and, Finance and Procurement (20 % of time):
- Keep record of all dairy farm activities (herd health, production, reproduction inventories)
- Manage inventory
- Manage the budget and financial performance of Nuru’s dairy farm
- Manage dairy farm personnel, including but not limited to:
- Managing payroll
- Recruitment and training of dairy personnel
- Evaluation and development of dairy personnel
- Manage dairy farm procurement activities
Sales (15% of time)
- Manage milk sales activities in coordination with portfolio manager
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Experience in dairy management and training in the dairy industry (3+ years)
- Management experience (2+ years)
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Dairy Technology or its equivalent and have at least five years relevant experience.
- Be innovative, enthusiastic and energetic, able to work with minimum supervision and will possess excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Be self-motivated and team orientated and work to a high level of integrity and accountability, with keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite specially MS Word and MS Excel.
Location: Isibania, Kuria West District
Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified Individuals, Please Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including resume/CVs and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and turn it in at our offices / Human Resources Manager at our main office (see PO Box for mailing information)
or email it to email@example.com
Please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.