NRHS IT Manager Job in Kisumu Kenya Feb 2016
Career vacancy: NRHS IT Manager in Kisumu
Employment opportunity: NRHS IT Manager in Kisumu Kenya
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health.
It runs support groups for PLWHA and Key Populations, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention.
Job Title: IT Manager
Reporting To: Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and improve ICT infrastructure by designing, implementing and maintaining information systems (both on premise and remotely hosted) at administrative and research sites.
- Oversee network and server hardware/software installation, configuration, maintenance, problem resolution, failure recovery, performance tuning and optimization issues.
- Maintain the integrity and security of supported networks, servers, applications and endpoints.
- Create and maintain documentation for supported ICT systems in accordance with ICT policy and standards.
- Negotiate with vendor and service contractors to ensure the highest level of return consistent with services rendered; purchase, install, maintain and track ICT equipment, hardware, software and services.
- Installation and configuration of new computers, printer’s scanners and installation of programs, system maintenance corrective action in case of failure and periodically updating software.
- Ensures facilitating of virus detection removal and prevention of all systems in the LAN.
- Trouble shooting of local network connectivity problems and promptly escalate issues as appropriate
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance of ICT hardware.
- Overseeing the process of configuration of newly acquired ICT equipment and ensuring adherence to established requires ICT standards.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum of Bachelor`s degree in computer science or Information Technology or Computer Engineering or Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- Industry certification such as MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA’ A+ or Network+,
- Management of Windows Server 2008 or higher and Active Directory
- Expert knowledge in LAN and WAN technologies
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008
- At least four years’ experience in a similar position
Applications Should Include:
- Cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications including the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- Current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “IT MANAGER” on the subject line on or before Friday 04th March, 2016.