NGO Senior Accountant Vacancy Re-Advertisement April 2016
Job opportunity;NGO Senior Accountant Re-Advertisement
Career vacancy:NGO Senior AccountantRe-Advertisement
Job Title: Senior Accountant
An NGO in Kenya established to empower youth by giving them skills training and linking them to job opportunities.
- Daily book keeping of finance &accounting data ,processing of all transactions using documents of original entry and reconciliation of cash and bank balances using quick books
- Monthly reporting to the finance and administration manager providing fully reconciled reports detailing center advances, expenditure and cash/bank reconciliations, budget follow ups tracking and accountability to strict deadlines.
- Assist in preparation and follow up of program budget for centers and trips substance advances
- Ensure that all expenses are properly authorized and documented before payment for such expenses by preparing correct budget codes and seeking prior approval
- Ensure that all payments are prepared on time and in accordance with all financial guidelines and approval procedure
- Maintain filing systems for all financial and accounting records in accordance with guidelines and verify the completeness of the documentation on the files by maintaining both hard and soft copies to support all financial transactions and for the donor reporting
- Ensure that all bookings in cash books and ledgers are done on daily basis for both and in strict compliance with guidelines to include advances and pre-payments and reconciled including reconciliation of select ledgers and balance sheet items.
- Maintenance and updating of a fully written fixed assets register
- Write journal entries for reclassification of expenses as required and enter into quick books
- Assist in preparation of yearend audit schedules and provide all documents required by the auditor during audit as well as answering some audit queries as needed
- Maintain a schedule for payment of utilities and lease agreements for the organization to ensure timely payments
- Report any irregularities found during scrutiny of accountability documents
- Continuously remind and train center staff on optimum accountability requirements
- Provide leave cover for the Finance &Administration Manager pertaining to accounts and record keeping needs.
- Accounting process, Audit trail and statutory compliance.
- File monthly VAT returns
- Monthly PAYE and withholding tax payments
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- At least Two (2) years experience in accounting
- Conversant with quick books and Microsoft office excel
- CPA finalist.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th April 2016.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary on the cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.