New Product Development Career in Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;New Product Development in Kenya
Career vacancy;New Product Development in Kenya
Job Title: New Product Development
Report to: Production Manager
A NPD is responsible for assisting with the generation of new product ideas and management of product concepts from innovation through to the factory scale production of the finished product
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Train and coach production line employees.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Complete new food product trials and document results
- Prepare reports and recommendations based on new food product trials
- Lead new product and packaging innovations and coordinating activities
- Liaise with the marketing to translate their ideas into new products
- Collect samples for internal and external review
- Coordinate outside testing by third parties
- Coordinate shelf life studies with the laboratory technician
- Review ingredients to ensure they are compliant with company standards and industry regulations
- Monitor food development process to ensure products are made consistently every time
- Assist in conducting timely and in-depth investigations to resolve non-compliant product or packaging
- Work closely with marketing to develop prototype for products.
- Conduct periodic product analysis and optimize as needed
- Develop and document new product formulas and processes based on market and client
- Source ingredients and suppliers for new products
- Assist in sourcing equipment and developing manufacturing processes for new products.
- Conduct line trials in collaboration with Operations and Quality to test and transition new products into full scale production
- Train Operations crews on the line and through documentation on production of new
- products (involves occasional early morning, late night and weekend work)
- Cost reduce existing products through collaboration with Operations and Finance
- Develop, document, and train staff on quality specs of new products in collaboration with Operations and Quality.
How to Apply