The National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Deputy Director – Programme Coordination Monitoring and Evaluation
Grade NCPD 3
Reporting to Director Technical Services and will be in-charge of Programme Coordination Monitoring and Evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of population Programmes/projects undertaken by various stakeholders;
- Supervising, collecting, receiving and analyzing programme data and assessing their impact on population issues;
- Formulating and appraising project proposals;
- Monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects/Programmes;
- Developing the Council’s annual and quarterly work plans
- Managing preparation of performance contracts and reports; and
- Coordinating International and Regional Programmes and Plans of Action.
Requirement for Appointment:
For appointment to the position of Deputy Director Programmes Coordination Monitoring and Evaluation, a candidate must have:
(i) Served in the grade of Assistant Director of Population or in a comparable position in a reputable organization for at least four (4) years.
(ii) A masters degree majoring in Population Studies, Mass Communication, Demography or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
(iii) Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks; and
(iv) Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications should send their applications including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, copy of identity card, detailed CV indicating work experience, three (3) names of references, current position/grade, current remuneration, expected salary and daytime telephone numbers to:
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P.O. Box 48994-001 00
Or our online job portal through our e-recruitment system accessible through
Applications to reach the Council on or before 13th December, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.