Vacancy: National Retail Sales Manager
Our client, a Solar Energy Solutions provider seeks to recruit a National Retail Sales Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for direct sales through its network of Business Development Executives who will work with our partnering micro-finance institutions and other sales channels.
He/She will also be required to recruit and manage franchisee partners to run branches.
- Give strategic direction in the company’s sales efforts – put in place appropriate sales plans, budgets and strategies aligned to overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Drive delivery of own targets and review and set targets on an annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly basis.
- Identify market gaps in your area of responsibility and put in place sound plans to proactively address these gaps.
- Collect and analyze sales trends on a regular basis and provide reports with appropriate recommendations on revenues, market share, pricing, product mix, product availability etc.
- Monitor competitor activity and put in place effective plans to increase customer base, visibility and market share.
- Identify new sales opportunities and markets and proactively work with relevant teams to pursue and secure any upcoming opportunities.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the regional sales teams as may be required.
- Ensure that sales personnel maintain their diaries, and these align with reporting in BITS (Branch IT System) in terms of sales calla made, prospects, orders, collections, etc.
- Continuously review the performance of the sales team and address performance gaps through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Manage financing partners and franchisees nationwide at the local level.
- Provide training to franchisees and financing partners on how to sell, install and service solar items.
- Ensure complaints and after-sales service issues and repairs are managed in time and to the satisfaction of the customers.
- Make regular trade visits and sales calls and ensure relationships with key accounts/ customers are built, sustained and maintained.
- Prepare and submit reports as may be required.
- Bachelors Degree in a business related discipline
- MBA will be an added advantage
- 7-10 years of senior managerial experience in sales
- Experience in managing and succeeding in direct sales a plus
- Experience in Business to consumer(B2C) model of sales/marketing.
- Proven ability to manage a large field force over a dispersed geography
- A leader who knows how to motivate and control a large team
- Displays strong, clear training, communication and writing skills
- A real self-starter, able to take initiative and operate independently
- Willing to travel extensively, including into rural areas
How to apply
If you feel you fit the above role , kindly send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd October, 2015.
Due to the urgency , applications will be reviewed as they come in.