1st Call for MA/PhD Research Proposals on ADA 2013/14
The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) is a State Corporation established under The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse Act, 2012 of the Laws of Kenya.
In collaboration with other public and private agencies, NACADA is mandated to facilitate, conduct, promote and coordinate research and dissemination of findings on alcohol and drug abuse and serve as the repository of such data.
In the current Call, NACADA proposes to fund ten (10) research studies focusing on alcohol and drug abuse (ADA) conducted by MA/ PhD students in Kenyan public and private universities.
The research should focus on the following priority areas:
- Evaluation of the implementation and enforcement of alcohol and drug related national policies
- Control and prevention of alcohol and drug abuse
- Workplace ADA policies in learning institutions
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Social, economic and health impacts of ADA
- Alcohol and drug abuse among the vulnerable groups and other marginalized communities
- Emerging drugs of abuse including Shisha and Kuber
The applicant for this grant should be a Kenyan citizen undertaking a Masters or PhD program in a public or private university.
The student should have completed his/her course work and the proposal must have been approved by the university at the time of application.
NACADA will fund each successful applicant to a maximum of Ksh 200,000 for PhD and Ksh 100,000 for MA.
This grant shall be administered by NACADA to support the students’ research but will not be used to pay tuition fees.
- Copy of an approved research proposal by the university
- A letter of support from the university
- Curriculum vitae (Not exceeding 2 pages)
- Copy of national ID card
- Copy of degree certificates
- Copy of appropriately filled grant application form
A copy of a duly completed grant application form available in NACADA website and other requested documents are available in the NACADA website and should be sent to the postal address shown below by January 3, 2014.
The Chief Executive Officer
National Authority for the Campaign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse
NSSF Building Block A, Eastern Wing 18th Floor
P.O Box 10774-00100,