Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Job in Isibania, Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in Isibania, Kenya
Career vacancy;Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in Isibania, Kenya
About the Organization: Nuru Kenya is a non-governmental organization currently working in Migori County, Kenya. Nuru Kenya’s mission is to end extreme poverty in remote, rural areas of Kenya.
Nuru Kenya is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Monitoring and Coordinator in the Monitoring and Evaluation program.
- Help standardize program measurement and M&E tools and systems and ensure the program has robust monitoring plan in place.
- Revise and update all M&E Evaluation Training Guides to reflect best practices in evaluation and facilitation
- Assist in conducting all enumerator trainings according to set evaluation standards
- Manages all logistics during evaluations transportation, schedules, coordination with Impact Programs and government officials as well as other stakeholders
- Works closely with the Data Analytics Specialist a and M&E Officers to ensure that sample design is adhered to during evaluation season
- Assists Data Analytics Specialist in the creation and revision of data entry templates as well as charts and graphs for evaluations
- Supports Data Analytics Specialist and M&E Officers in the revision of data collection tools
- Coordinates evaluation activities with Database Manager, M&E Analytics Specialist and M&E Officers
- Conducts research on industry-standard M&E approaches and best practices that can be applied to Nuru
- Responsible for writing of monitoring and evaluation reports to ensure accuracy, relevance and professionalism
- Assist in programmatic interpretations of reports on operational as well as evaluation indicators in a systematic and effective way for decision making
- Develop a close working relationship with the Database Manager and the M&E Analytics in order to ensure that all M&E processes functions effectively and efficiently
- Supports the Database Manager in monitoring processes
- Reports directly to the M&E Program Manager
- Performs any other duty assigned to him/her by the Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in data analysis or development sector.
- Experience on program monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports as well as verbal communication skills
- Relevant computer software skills with proficiency in data management systems
- Solid understanding of basic principles of research and evaluation design.
- Good working knowledge of Excel for the management and analysis of quantitative data including creation of clear graphics and tables
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Highly organized and able to work to deadlines
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their application; resume and cover letter supported by at least three known references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See http//www.nuruinternational.org for further information about the organization.