Milk Procurement & Logistics Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya July 2014(KShs 60K – 80K)
Our client is a start up in the Dairy / Milk industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage collection of milk from dairy farmers
- To oversee movement of raw milk from the farm to the factory
- Visit milk collection farmers and sensitize farmers on quality and price of milk.
- Manage and motivate a number of associates who will account for our inventory.
- Handle all procurement procedures and ensure quality product is purchased
- Set up systems of milk purchasing & inventory management
- Organize for transport, logistics and support plans
- Formulate Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage transport logistics operations, including, equipment, material and personnel or casual staff
- Ensure timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of milk
- Coordinate all activities involved in milk purchasing
- Prepare reports on raw milk movements and other operational logistics issues
- Identify, plan and manage special logistics operations
- Prepare transport and logistics preparedness reviews
- Guide and supervise the work of new/junior logistics officers or staff;
- Continually improve systems, policies and procedures, and identify existing problems, and anticipate future ones.
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Development /Logistics/ Agriculture/ Dairy related studies
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience and a passion for logistics/ agricultural development in Kenya.
- Experience in the dairy industry required
- High standards of performance, integrity, and teamwork
- Readiness to work with a start up and grow with it
- Very proficient and experienced with Computer Applications like Ms Office
- Excellent problem solver, must be able to come up with and implement solutions
- Leadership experience at work, including managing a team of people
- Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours during busy season
- Clear written and oral communication
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Indicate current/ last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.