MicroEnsure Regional Business Analyst Job in Nairobi, Kenya April 2016
Career vacancy:MicroEnsure Regional Business Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya
Job opportunity:MicroEnsure Regional Business Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya
Position: Regional Business Analyst, Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Technical Director
MicroEnsure is a microinsurance solutions provider with the vision to radically transform insurance in emerging markets by delivering pioneering solutions for the under-served.
We create insurance solutions for mass-market customers, providing a safety net for economic setbacks, targeting low and middle-income populations in Africa and Asia. Founded in 2005, we have global headquarters in the UK.
MicroEnsure currently serves over 22 million people with a range of insurance products and services across life, personal accident, property, weather index, and health categories.
Working in partnership with a host of organisations including mobile phone companies, banks, microfinance institutions, retailers, faith-based and humanitarian organisations; our main focus is on providing services which include product and program design, insurance and reinsurance placement, training, marketing development and delivery, sales management, back office management and provider networking.
In recognition of our innovations in financial services, we have won numerous awards including the Financial Times/IFC Excellence in Transformational Business Award in 2015.
Position Summary: The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for working directly with internal business units to identify, define, document, and prioritize requirements for new business projects and system changes of various sizes and complexity.
The ideal candidate will have excellent project management, business analyst skills and the ability to work in a complex, matrix environment.
- Requirements Analysis: The BA works closely with business and technology delivery teams to understand, design and document solutions that meet the needs of the business within an agile environment. Collaborates with the Product Owner(s) and other BAs to understand the product vision/roadmap, write user stories and translate these into the product backlog
- Prioritisation: Collaborates with internal business units and partners and the Product Owner(s) to prioritise product backlog in alignment with strategic goals of MicroEnsure
- Business process modelling: Designs and documents business and operational processes and makes appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. Identifies measures to monitor and provide information for business process improvement
- Testing: Document acceptance criteria against user stories, supports system testing and runs User Acceptance Testing
- User Training: Contributes to the development of training material and training for new products
- Project Management: Manages multiple large, medium, and small-scale complex projects often involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and matrix partners; rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed timescales, cost, and quality; Coordinate the teams and individuals involved on a project, manage communication across departments, and ensure that Technology delivery team has the information and direction they need to finish projects quickly.
- IT Support: Responsible for effectively responding, troubleshooting, prioritizing, resolving and documenting end user IT support issues and problems within Africa region. Includes resolving basic hardware, software, connectivity and networking problems.
- Innovates: Thinks creatively and insists on continuous improvement; Generates new ideas and/or new ways to implement the ideas feeding into Product Owner(s) and BA team
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- A degree preferably in a IT/Technology or Business
- Solid project management and business analyst skills and is detail-orientated, particularly the ability to gather, screen and interpret a wide variety of detailed information yet remain focused on the ‘big picture’
- Has a significant of Business Analyst experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- Previous working knowledge of Agile methodology as well as insurance industry will be an added advantage
- This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills, people skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills, and the ability to navigate complex organizational structures
- An ability and willingness to travel to MicroEnsure offices and customer locations across Africa
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of 3 referees, Salary history and expectation to email@example.com so as to arrive NOT later than Friday, April 15, 2016.
(Please include the job title and reference as the subject heading)
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.