Micro Finance Head of Operations Job in Nairobi, Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: Micro Finance Head of Operations in Nairobi, Kenya
Employment opportunity: Micro Finance Head of Operations in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is a leading microfinance banking institution in the country.
Job Summary: The incumbent is responsible for providing support and direction to operations staff both in the Operations department and the branches network; for developing internal operational policies and procedures; for monitoring adherence to the internal policies and both internal and regulator procedures; for prudent cost management across the organization; for continuous process improvements and operational efficiencies in the entire organization and offering support in organizational expansionist strategy execution.
- Leading the development and implementation of the overall strategy for Operations Department
- Ensure superior service levels across all customer’s touch points
- Cost Management – This position is responsible for contributing to profitability directly by ensuring prudent cost management and waste reduction across the entire organization
- Continuous Process Improvements and process efficiencies in the entire organization – Responsible for the delivery of day to day support of all banking operational functions and work with other stakeholders to provide the technology solutions, process improvement efforts to promote efficiency and standardization across the organization
- Lead centralization and standardization of operational processes across the bank and in conjunction with other areas of the organization
- Ensure organizational operations quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed internal policies, procedures and manuals
- Ensure compliance with regulatory provisions and requirements
- Maintain a professional work environment that focuses on superior performance by departmental staff – Establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for staff in the Operations Department, and in conjunction with Head of Business Development for those operations staff in the branches
- Training and motivation of staff – Identify training and counseling needs and ensure these are met for all staff under purview as appropriate
- Talent spotting to ensure appropriate exposure and career opportunities/ succession planning for high performing staff in the Operations Department and branches network.
- Play a lead role in developing alternate channels of customer service delivery, such as agency banking and third party partnerships and offer enhanced convenience to customers
- Provide the necessary support as appropriate in execution of the organization’s expansionist strategies such as branch expansion, rollout of agency banking and rolling out of strategic partnerships
- Working closely with the relevant Head Office departments, ensure effective administrative support to all the branches including resolving premises and other business-as-usual operational and service issues arising from time to time
- This position has broad decision-making authority and is responsible for the overall budgeting and planning for the daily Operation Department functions
- Bachelor’s Degree. Possession of Professional Banking or MBA qualification would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in banking environment, with a track record of success. Possession of experience in MFI industry would be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of Banking theory and practice, Central Bank’s rules and regulations and procedures. Possess thorough knowledge of banking products and services and also a wider understanding of the general banking universe
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills including oral and written communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff
- Excellent Leadership capacity including possession of strategic development, monitoring, execution and reporting skills (Have a strategic outlook)
- Experience with cultivating business relationships and managing multiple priorities as a manager or unit head
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Head of Operations
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only