Micro-Finance Company Head of Collections Job in Nairobi, Kenya (80K) May 2016
Job opportunity;Micro-Finance Company Head of Collections in NairobiKenya (80K)
Career vacancy:Micro-Finance Company Head of Collections in NairobiKenya (80K)
Our client a Micro-Finance Company licensed in Kenya under the company’s act with a vision to provide emergency loans is looking to fill the position of a Head of Collections for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.The successful candidate MUST have knowledge of debt collection laws and regulations.
- Set up systems to identify, monitor and report all non-performing loans and control all debt collection for the company.
- Submitting all non-performing loans to debt collecting institutions in a timely manner.
- Submitting all bad debts to the credit reference bureaus in a timely manner.
- Communicate directly with the cooperatives and Sacco board members in the event of non-performing loans.
- Initiate and co-ordinate the repossession of assets in accordance with the company escalation policy.
- Continually motivating the collection team and evaluating their performance on a monthly basis. Giving feedback to the management for consideration and action.
- Producing the reconciliation between our invoice and the client’s by-product for each company at the beginning of the month and following up with the HR, finance and/or individuals on any missing deductions or other issues which arise.
- Dealing with client statements, clearances, refunds and following up on any issues or complaints which arise.
- Work closely with the asset finance team, tracker companies and authorities on collections, communication and repossession of assets.Qualifications
- At least 4 years experience with debt collection in banking, credit companies, or similar/ related companies.
- Degree in business management or related field.
- Accounting skills would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of debt collection laws and regulations.
- Must be able to follow-up on pending payments from clients.
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work professionally and courteously with debtors, co-worker’s and clients.
- Above average interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to work efficiently on computerized systems.
- Strong Attention to detail and goal oriented.Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 50,000 – 80,000/= (Approx. 500 – 800 USD) depending on experience
Deadline: 30th June 2016
To apply, please follow the link:Summit Recruitment & Search,Blixen Court, Karen Road,Karen
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.