Members Club Barista Job in Nairobi Kenya March 2016
Career opportunity:Members Club Barista in Nairobi Kenya
Job vacancy:Members Club Barista in Nairobi Kenya
A members club in Nairobi seeks to recruit a highly motivated person, a team player, diligent, with high level of integrity to fill the position of Barista.
Reporting: To the Food & Beverage Service Manager
The Club fosters to provide members and guests finest hospitality experience and we are committed to providing a safe and dynamic work environment to our employees.
We encourage our team to be self-starters and allow them to demonstrate their abilities.
Summary of the Position: Reporting to the Food & Beverage Service Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing beverages including coffee, espressos and teas in a manner that will exceed the customer expectation and maintain the standards at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare beverages by following the standard recipes and as per the customer order and serve the beverages.
- Ensure proper sanitization of work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Stocking customer service stations with products and beverage preparation items.
- Periodically check the coffee equipment and ask for fixing or replacement when malfunctions are observed.
- Process orders to ensure that all drinks are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
- Observe customers to ensure that guests are satisfied with the drinks and service.
- Responds to additional requests and determine when the drink has been completed.
- Responsible for coordinating entire station and communicating with front- and back-of-the-house personnel to provide an experience that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Flaring and/or interacting with the guests while mixing drinks.
- Informs customers of daily specials, making recommendations upon request.
- Required to attended mandatory training sessions, restaurant meetings and briefing.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation description
- Serve prepared foods.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Certificate for a barista course a must.
- Food and Beverage training is required.
- 2 Years of experience in a similar role in a well-known Establishment.
- Experience in Cocktails preparation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Presentable and cheerful personality.
Salary: KES 20,000/=
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV to email@example.com by 3rd April 2016.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi