Medic Mobile Africa Region Technical Lead Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Medic Mobile Africa Region Technical Lead in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Medic Mobile Africa Region Technical Lead in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, Medic Mobile are looking to immediately hire a Technical Lead to assist their partners in implementing Medic tools to be based in Nairobi, Kenya with 20% travel in Africa.
Employment Status: Full Time, permanent position
a) Manage Implementation Contracts: Work independently and partner with project managers to write technical proposals, support service design, configure and customize communication technologies and data visualization dashboards to meet Partners’ requirements, deploy technologies and train users, create user manuals, and in general maintain strong relationships with current clients.
Work with designers and project managers to ensure that dashboard designs are feasible and building upon past work. Be available to other teammates who may be building dashboards, to maintain best practices and quality. Manage client timelines, monitor usage of the platform, and track user licenses for invoicing purposes.
c) Support Product Development: Work with Medic Mobile’s designers to describe mHealth needs and opportunities in your region and to ensure these needs are addressed in Medic Mobile’s current tool kit or product roadmap.
- Be a technology power user, excited to learn even more
- Be a strong communicator, proficiency in French (essential) and English (Essential)
- Be at ease working in diverse cultural settings
- Be able to travel within the region, both locally and internationally
- Be a strong problem solver
- Have experience with relational databases, Postgres and MySQL
- Have experience in Scripting languages Appscript/Shell/Awk
- Have experience with data analysis and data visualization languages R/Matlab/Python
- Have experience using command line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Internet Relay Chat, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with customers, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and passion their knowledge and experience to others.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
- Be familiar with Android SDK, relational databases, document based databases, and the map/reduce algorithm.
- Be experienced in managing projects in the health and/or information technology sectors
- Have a strong background in mHealth and public health; be ambitious about empowering community health workers and improving the health of remote and disconnected communities.
- Ability to identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, and changes in configuration.
- Excellent technical knowledge of computer applications and systems.
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to multitask in dealing with several different problems at a time.
- Significant experience in design and development of technology solutions to increase international development project impact.
- Project work experience with open source technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or Mathematics and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of senior level experience in designing and implementing ICT programs for social development programs.
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable projects.
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities.
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receiving applications: 27th May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.