Mathematics and Physics Intern Teacher Vacancy in Kilifi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Mathematics and Physics Intern Teacher in Kilifi Kenya
Career vacancy:Mathematics and Physics Intern Teacher in Kilifi Kenya
Internship Kilifi: Mathematics and Physics Intern Teacher Required
Summary: This premier school provides day and boarding facilities for both boys and girls, and excellent academic programs following the 8-4-4 curriculum.
Lakewood Green Olive High School which is situated on the beach side, about 2Km from Tezo Trading Centre on the 8th lane off Mombasa – Malindi Road, is seeking students pursuing an education degree in Math and Physics or Math and Physics graduates with interest in gaining practical experience in teaching and education fields.
You will either be assisting the class teacher, or teach your own class independently.
Depending on your performance and availability of opportunity your internship can be extended by between three to six months, or you may be absorbed to join our full time staff on permanent basis.
Compensation, Dates and Hours: You will receive a modest monthly stipend of Ksh. 10,000/= for transport and upkeep.
Your position is full time and are expected to work during the program hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, plus during faculty meetings, extra-curriculum activities, special events and occasionally on weekends if you are the teacher on duty.
Please provide a CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page) stating:
- Why you chose teaching as a profession. Why you chose particular area of specialization.
- What previous experience you have had (Be specific).
- What special skills or talents you have that might allow you to make special contributions during the internship program.
- Particular student activities with which you would like to assist while teaching students.
- How your students would benefit by your participation in the internship program.
- How you and the school/district would benefit from the internship program. What are some of the major things you would hope to learn from the internship program?
- Your philosophy of teaching.
- What you think will be the most challenging aspect of teaching for you.
- At the end of the internship, how you will determine whether or not you were successful.
- How you would involve parents in the classroom.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Students pursuing Bachelor of Education in Math and Physics. Graduates in the same discipline are also eligible.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge and an understanding of the 8-4-4 curriculum.
- Motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject areas of Math and Physics.
- Initiative and creativity in bringing ideas about teaching and education in general to learning institutions.
- In possession of good social and communication skills.
- Well-spoken and articulate in the English language, as well as good English writing skills.
- Willing to relocate, live and work in a rural setting.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Tuesday, 17th May, 2016.
If selected, you will be notified by Saturday, 21st May, 2016 and are expected to report for the program on Friday, 27th May, 2016.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.