Position: 200 people needed
- Analyzing past sales figures / trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Devising a merchandise plan using the above techniques.
- Relaying the merchandise plan to the buyer who, in turn, can decide on what products, styles, colors etc. to purchase and from which suppliers, at what price.
- Devising a contract for the suppliers including quality control, accuracy and flexibility. This is done throughout the season.
- Allocating certain amounts of stock, to each outlet, throughout the season. Retailers are now trying to minimize stock holdings and commitment to allow for maximum flexibility.
- Once the products are all distributed and put on sale, the Merchandiser can monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions or clear outs etc.
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience as a merchandiser
- A certificate in sales and marketing
If you meet the above kindly send your CV alone with the subject Merchandiser to firstname.lastname@example.org