Marie Stopes Outreach Team Leaders Jobs in Meru and Muranga, Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: Marie Stopes Outreach Team Leaders in Meru and Muranga, Kenya
Career vacancy: Marie Stopes Outreach Team Leaders in Meru and Muranga, Kenya
Marie Stopes Outreach teams are a vital part of MSK’s work in Kenya. They enable us to reach communities that would otherwise be unserved by our services.
mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
- The excellent planning and running of the Outreach Team services to agreed clinical quality standards, inclusive and responsive to difference on the basis of gender, age and people with disabilities
- The efficient delivery of services reaching unserved communities for high impact
- A continuous and well planned service where resources are managed prudently, stocks are maintained at efficient levels and onward growth is enabled
- Accurate data reporting and filling of data reporting tools.
- Defining and realizing opportunities for sustainability beyond the period of funded work and stake holder engagement.
- People with disabilities served
- QTA 95% plus.
- 18 plus Outreaches per month.
- CYPS 3000 Plus per month.
- Cost per CYP Ksh.1105.03
- Minutes of stake holder meetings
- Monthly self-assessments
- Training needs analysis completed and planned
- Close analysis of client users and actions taken to extend reach to under-served
- Accurate and proper information is passed to clients
- Participate in planned promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders
- Assist in conducting client feedback
- TNA against self-assessment
- Service users analysis
- QTA reports
- Training Register
- Monthly Client exit forms
- Regular efficient and well received services to the target group
- Effective use of the services of the regional doctor
- Integration and interface with other MSK channels for complementary delivery
- Clear engagement of community leaders
- Referrals and Synergy
- Complementary CHWs activities
- Community Dialogues with documentation
- Team financial management effectively enables continuous delivery of agreed plans on budget
- Annual procurement plans guided by quality requirements
- Stock management with 2 month buffer
- Vehicle management shows value for money
- Monthly stock report and orders by 4th of every month and ensuring MSK stock and Ware housing regulations are followed.
- Accurate vehicle log records and ensuring MSK fleet regulations are followed by the team.
- Timely Surrenders and Advance Requests
- Quarterly movement plan.
- Quarterly Accommodation Plan.
- Monthly dashboard report tracks performance each month and cumulatively
- Data entered on time into CLIC
- Data for donor reports collected routinely
- Special stories prepared and shared for learning and publicity
- Time taken to review and learn
- Proper record keeping of clients data and consent forms
- Expenditure/budget accuracy
- Progress reports.
- Commodity management Reports and success stories documented and shared.
- Close networking with a range of local stakeholders to embed good practice
- Mentoring of MOH providers
- Agreed exit plan with targets (sustainability plan)
- Using the team plans and team skills agree individual objectives and follow performance
- Regular one-to-one and group meetings
- Conduct monthly CME’s as per schedule
- Ensure good time keeping is maintained by the team members who should be in their full uniform.
- 100% OGSM management for team members.
- CME minutes.
- Team meeting reports
- Staff Attendance Register
- Diploma in Clinical medicine or Nursing
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN)or Kenya Registered Clinical Officer
- Postgraduate training will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in healthcare field with line management authority
- Demonstrated numeracy and basic accounting skills
- Customer focussed service delivery skills
- Family Planning counselling skills
- IT literacy confident using MS Office
- Excellent people skills and drive to succeed
- Thinking and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Demonstrating diplomacy and maintaining confidentiality.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of MSK’s goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate. Demonstrating integrity in all aspects of your work including financial integrity.
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com on or before 4th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Outreach team leader”