M-Lesson Test Developer Consultant Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;M-Lesson Test Developer Consultant in Kenya
Career vacancy:M-Lesson Test Developer Consultant in Kenya
M-Lesson is a pilot of a mobile subscription platform that helps parents make better education decisions and improve their children’s learning outcomes.
We are now preparing to enter a research and pilot stage to understand how best to serve our parents and communities!
M-Lesson is urgently looking for trained Test Developers to help us validate content for our pilot!
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Passionate about community development, education, information access, and finding new ways to make children more successful in school
- Experienced in setting and moderating government exams as well as validating and editing items to be in line with the 8-4-4 curriculum
- Confident independent workers that aspire to leadership, impact, and efficacy
- Detail-oriented and consistently able to meet or beat timelines
- Self-motivated to learn, grow, and go the extra mile to achieve our mission
- We currently have a set of more than 1600 items across Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, and Class 8 in Maths, English, Kiswahili, Science, and Social Studies that will be sent to parents and students during the duration of the pilot. We want to make sure that these items can validly test and assess children’s performance! We are therefore looking to engage up to 3 consultants to divide and manage this review.
- Consultants will engage in a 3-5 day project ending no later than 6th May to review and validate performance assessment items to ensure they are in line with the national curriculum. Work may take place in a group at our office in Kilimani or virtually.
- Consultants will be asked to look at the exam items, provide feedback on structure and content, mark areas of improvement, and identify invalid questions that should be removed.
- Compensation will be a flat rate of up to Ksh 7000 for the project based on availability and experience. As we are a very new project in the pilot phase, at the present time we cannot offer anything else in terms of compensation.
- However, you will be able to directly impact a new organization’s success, interact with a dynamic team, and have opportunities for future partnership as we grow.
Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you motivated to increase educational opportunities for children in Kenya?
- What makes you unique and therefore the ideal candidate for this position?