LVCT Health Youth Programme Coordinator Job in Nairobi, Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: LVCT Health Youth Programme Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy: LVCT Health Youth Programme Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya
We seek to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Youth Programme Coordinator
Reporting To: HOD, Policy and Partnerships
Duration: Renewable 2 Years Contract
Job Purpose: The Youth Programme Coordinator will be responsible for oversight and coordination of LVCT Health’s youth program that comprises of the one2one digital platform, adolescent and youth groups, provide technical support to programs to identify and provide appropriate services to adolescent and youth (10-24 years) and initiate and participate in policy and advocacy to enhance scale up of appropriate services to youth.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Development and management of the One2one Integrated Digital Platform components that includes website, face book, twitter, word press, you tube, bulk sms and emails content;
- Identifying and maintaining partnerships for the program with:
- Relevant government departments/ministries/counties for visibility, buy in and support for implementation including organizing program visits
- Strategic private sector partners for Private Public Partnership projects, expansion and local funding
- Identification of population specific partners such as key populations serving organizations, DPOs and youth serving organizations to leverage resources, mobilization of populations and joint bids among other things.
- Identifying and representing LVCT health in relevant policy forums to review and develop policies specific to the adolescents and youth
- In partnership with regional managers coordinate engagement with county government to implement youth policies
- Ensuring program reporting is done regularly and accurately, internally and to relevant external stakeholders
- Ensuring timely and quality donor reporting
- Utilizing program reports and analyzed data to inform adolescents and youth program improvement
- Providing regular feedback to other divisions and regional teams on the program performance and areas of improvement
- Preparing and disseminating youth program documents as a way of maintaining the programme and organizational visibility in relevant county, national, regional and international forums and mechanisms.
- Supporting the capacity building, training, mentorship and supervision of service providers, one2one hotline team, regional youth focal persons, youth outreach mobilizers, service providers and LVCT’s sub partners targeting adolescents and youth to ensure that they are well placed to deliver quality services.
- Providing technical assistance to develop, implement, monitor and periodically review the one2one integrated digital platform ensuring relevance, functionality, a unique voice and clear lead in utilization of digital spaces for adolescent and youth programming.
- Ensuring inter-divisional/regional linkages between the youth programme and other divisions and regions within LVCT Health and ensure that the interests of vulnerable youth are addressed within the institutional programming.
- Responsible for managing the digital platform and updating one2one website content regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in health and/or development sciences (Sociology, gender Development studies, Anthropology, Economics or related field).
- Minimum 4 years work experience in HIV/SRH/GBV programming for youth including adolescents, girls and young women.
- Experience in project cycle management including design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working with digital platforms including mobile and web solutions for messaging and development
- Experience in writing proposals and reports
- Ability to organize work of self and others effectively, carry out thorough planning, and meet tight deadlines.
- Be flexible, adaptable and dynamic.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to arrive NOT later than March 04, 2016
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer