Logistics Company Business Development Assistants Jobs in Nairobi and Mombasa May 2016
Job opportunity;Logistics Company Business Development Assistants in Nairobi and Mombasa
Career vacancy:Logistics Company Business Development Assistants in Nairobi and Mombasa
Business Development Assistant
Location: Nairobi and Mombasa
Our client a global transport and logistics Company with offices in more than 80 countries and represented by agents in many more is looking to recruit Business Development Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for securing new customers, and maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- Meet and exceed target set in terms of contributing and generating revenue for the department.
- Conduct and report minimum number of sales leads set by the management and transform a minimum of those into revenue generating business.
- Responding to current and new clients’ requests and providing support and illustrating our services portfolio and capability.
- Understanding and communicating local customer needs and expectation throughout the organization.
- Maintain records of customer details / sales visits and generate reports on the same.
- Identify potential customers and register opportunities in the system; relentlessly pursue realization of such opportunities leading to revenue for the Company.
- Visit existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams. Negotiate with the accounts as per price guidelines given, looking to maximize profits.
- Follow up on customer communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Support Customer Service and work closely with Operations and Documentation on the execution of customer service contracts.
- Promote the services offers by the Company and coordinate sales efforts with other departments.
- Assimilate market information and take part in the overall business development through weekly/ monthly sales meetings.
- Follow up with clients for outstanding supported by the Credit Controller.
- Meet and exceed revenue targets set per the set KPIs.
- Create and develop new revenue on existing accounts. Maintain customers profile report and follow up on leads.
- Generate sales leads and send to the Company’s networks across the globe.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a degree in any business related course for a recognized learning institution
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in sales in freight forwarding Company
- Must have a strong Business acumen
- A good understanding of the freight forwarding industry
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 20th May, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.