Lodge Manager Job Vacancy April 2016
Career vacancy:Lodge Manager
Job opportunity;Lodge Manager
Our client operates in the hospitality and conservation sector.
They are looking for a Lodge Manager to be responsible for supervision of all lodge staff and day to day operations.
Job Ref: : PL/LM/1
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance and Cleanliness
- Buildings, Rooms and Public Areas
- Ensure that all areas of the lodges (i.e. bandas, public areas, kitchens, bar areas) are cleaned and maintained to the high expected standards of the directors.
- Do daily checks and spot checks on all areas as above. Making sure that staff are using the check lists and signing the report book at the completion of lists.
- Liaise with Building department on any maintenance that needs to be done completed at the lodges. This includes buildings, electrical, plumbing and equipment issues
- Ensure that all equipment are being cared for and used properly. Any breakages are recorded and new orders made where necessary.
- Ensure the quality of bed linen, crockery, glasses, other linen, décor, fabrics, and furniture is kept in a high standard and new orders are placed where necessary
- Check daily the cleanliness and tidiness of the gardens.
- Make sure that gardeners are pruning and re-planting where necessary.
- Check that all filters and pumps for the swimming pools and other water features are working properly.
- Ensure that there are no trees that could potentially be a hazard to the guests.
- Report to the directors on any issues that need to be addressed with regards to re-landscaping.
Staff and Guests
- Organise the staff and produce weekly rotas making sure that both lodges are covered in the departments required. Ensure no staffs are accumulating unnecessary days off or leave but also ensuring when guests are staying we are fully staffed appropriately.
- Motivating the lodge team to work hard and to the high standard expected of them.
- Ensure that each department receives the necessary training to ensure they are the best at what they do.
- Be the communication channel between any office or directors issues that need to be directed to the lodge staff.
- Ensure that all lodge staff look smart and have good personal hygiene.
- Requisition any new uniforms for the lodge staff.
- Continually motivate and manage the lodge Chefs to keep the food interesting and to a good standard.
- Recruit new staff if required and discipline lodge staff where necessary.
- Manage the organisation of guests’ activities.
- Deal with any complaints or problems that may arise during or after the guests stay.
- Be on hand during a guests stay to host them. This is mainly when at the lodge and regular contact must be initiated throughout their stay
- Ensure that food and operating costs at the lodges are kept under control.
- Manage the communication between outside departments and the lodges.
- Make sure that bookings coming into the lodges have been clearly and correctly communicated to the staff at the lodges and that the recording for this is done.
- Research and requisition any new equipment required at the lodges.
- Ensure that the lodges stay up to date with global trends and a 5 star standard of service and facilities.
- Clearly communicate and report any lodge problems, news, developments to the managing director. Mange problems through to resolution.
- Ensure payments are collected and invoices followed through efficiently.
- Work with the sales and marketing manager to promote the lodges coming up with special offers and ensuring that all occasions and holidays are properly marked and celebrated within the lodges
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education qualification
- Minimum 5 years proven managerial experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, hard-working individual able to function under pressure and hit goals
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on your skills experience and qualifications
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.