Livestock Training Officer Job in Kenya 2014
Livestock Training Officer
The livestock training officer will be responsible in conducting livestock training to farm shop franchisees, farm shop agro-vet attendants and farmers within farm shop franchisees network.
He/she will be involved in livestock demonstration set up and management, participate in farmer’s clinic days, farmers field schools and farm shop promotional events.
- To provide livestock training to Farm Shop franchisees and shop assistants
- Participate in promotional events, farmers field schools and farmer’s clinics
- Provide technical input on the set up of livestock demonstration farms and train farmers the best practices during farmers field schools events
- Support field agents in farmer groups visits and training
- Advise management and franchisees on livestock product suppliers
- Standards of Performance and Behavior
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in dealings with stakeholders and clients.
- Analytical and pro active attitude towards problem solving
- Professional conduct in all operational matters
- Bachelor’s degree in animal production and 1 year working experience dealing with small scale farmers.
- Diploma/certificate in animal health assistant from AHIT or from any other recognized institution of higher learning and 1-2 years of experience working with small holder farmers.
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Analytical and writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Use of MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook
Send CV and remuneration requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Livestock Training Officer” by 31 January, 2014.